Circumcision (medical circumcision) – a fragmentary or complete removal of the extreme skin of the penis covering the head of the male sexual organ. In our time, this procedure is conducted not so much from religious or social motives, but because of medical advice and testimony.
Basically, the operation is performed before puberty at the age of 3-14 years. In some countries, circumcision is practiced without anesthesia immediately after the birth of the baby (7-8 days of life). It is worth noting that only a specialized surgeon can circumcise boys.
Circumcision is a painless procedure, without the discharge of blood. The doctor cuts the flesh without touching the bridle because there are nerves, lymphatic and blood vessels. After such an operation, the head of the genital remains permanently open.
At an early age, circumcision is carried out under general anesthesia. Adult males only get local anesthesia.
Why do circumcision boys
1. In some countries, circumcision is a traditional cultural procedure. In our time, circumcision with religious motives is carried out by Jews and Muslims.
2. In the presence of phimosis. This disease is a fusion of the extreme skin with the head of the penis, which makes it difficult to expose it. There are different degrees of disease. With difficulty urinating, manifestations of inflammatory processes, surgical intervention is prescribed.
3. American scientists believe that circumcision in boys reduces the possibility of forming cancer cells. Helps reduce the development of diseases such as papillomas, skin horn, penile leukoplakia, Keira’s erythroplasia, and others.
4. After circumcision, the hygiene of the genital organ is improved. Segma does not accumulate in the skin, which reduces the multiplication of bacteria and prevents the appearance of inflammatory processes.
5. Studies have shown that circumcised men are less likely to be diagnosed with HIV, AIDS, genital herpes, syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases.
6. In boys who have undergone the circumcision procedure, the sensitivity of the penis decreases. After puberty, this affects the duration of sexual intercourse – it grows longer. It is worth noting that many representatives of the stronger sex after circumcision refuse to use condoms.
7. A male partner with a circumcision is much less likely to have a disease like cervical cancer.
Like any other surgical intervention, circumcision has a number of contraindications. There is also a small, but still a risk of infection of the genitals, both during and after the operation. Therefore it is important to weigh all the pros and cons of this procedure, to find a really qualified doctor and a good medical institution.