Many parents are afraid of adolescence. It seems that no age is not honored so many horror stories and myths as this. Meanwhile, observing the simple rules of communication with your own child, this period may be the key to a strong future relationship when the son or daughter will be your reliable support.
1. A teenager requires a special approach, which differs from the approach to the younger students. Only respect and dialogue on an equal footing. Orders should stay in the past.
2. Often, the teenager begins to demand to allow him too much – coming home after an hour of the night, wearing earrings in all parts of the body or to make a tattoo, get out of the room in its sole discretion, etc. Thus he defends his private space and freedom – the natural desire of a teenager. Agree with him – that you allow it, that may be partially, and what action is possible in principle. For example, let pierce his ear, and do not touch your nose, explaining the causes and consequences of sinusitis. Let not clean up the desktop, but if guests come to him – must be ordered. And when he had agreed on several points, faithfully observe the treaty.
3. The teen is a surge of interest in his inner world and personal experiences are very important for him. Also, there is a rapid development of critical thinking, there are flashes of negativism. The main thing – remember that this is normal.
4. In adolescence, the concept of “private space” acquires a sacred meaning. Take his clothes only with the permission of, a knock to his room before entering. And God forbid, read his correspondence in social networks. Excluding one – if you think that the child is in danger (drugs, pedophiles, etc.). In all another case – only with his permission.
5. The appearance of a teenager comes to the fore. If you write it to your hairdresser, the school will give the evening a tie, the decision will prompt the color suit – will type points trust.
6. Now you have for your child – a wise one! Consult without devaluing problems. Once you say “nothing, never mind!” – And the more it will not work for advice. Take heed, help, cheers, together looking for a way out – the only way.
7. Restrain own emotions. Do not get angry, do not shout, do not criticize. Adolescence is complicated not only for him but for you – you also have to change their behavior.
8. If your relationship goes bad – do not be like a teenager does not persist, “he started it, let him ask for forgiveness.” You do not have to compete with your own child. Who would not be guilty of corrupt dealings, it is you need to be initiated to restore them. Walk and talk. Say sorry, love, and ready to engage in dialogue.
9. Authoritarianism, physical impact, the criticism and the pressure should be forgotten. Once and for all.
Finally, if the problems started with a teenager – think about all you have in the family smoothly.
Things like a midlife crisis, the crisis of the marital relationship may provoke youth protest. Unconsciously his behavior he would seek to shift the attention to the parents no longer had the power to determine their own relations.