Children are very active, they are in constant movement and studying the world around them. It is not surprising that bruises, bruises, and abrasions regularly accompany small researchers.
When a child learns to walk, run, learn a bicycle or scooter, in rare cases, does without light bruises. Most often suffer knees, elbows, palms and fingers. If the fall is unsuccessful, the blow can come to the face and head. Such injuries are more dangerous and require immediate medical attention, in order to exclude a concussion.
The bruise is characterized by pain, swelling, and bruises. As a rule, the entire structure of the skin is practically not broken. It is worth noting that this type of injury can be a consequence of a fracture or dislocation. Inspect the child carefully, if there are signs of serious damage, contact a pediatric emergency station.
Usually, bruises do not require special treatment, but the child’s loud cry makes you do something to alleviate the pain. Below we give examples of first aid for minor injuries.
Injury in the child: what to do
1. The first thing that should be done is to put the child and to create immobility of the injured part of the body. If it is a limb, it is advisable to place it on a pillow or other hill to ensure the flow of blood. Thanks to such manipulations, the edema of the bruised area will be much less.
2. Next, you should tightly bandage the bandage, kerchief, tissue.
3. Be sure to apply cold for the first half hour after the injury. It promotes the narrowing of the blood vessels and thus provides a reduction in edema and hematoma.
4. In the pharmacy, you can choose the right medical device to relieve the symptoms and pain in soft tissue injuries, according to do lo bene.ru.
5. You can use the most popular folk remedy: plantain. Beforehand, the leaves are ground to make the juice appear. Apply to the bruise and bandage. This plant is famous for its antiseptic, hemostatic and analgesic abilities.
6. If the baby has broken his nose, it is necessary to apply a cold compress. For young children, due to the unformed cartilage, the fracture of this part of the face is a rather rare phenomenon. But nevertheless, if the edema does not pass or takes place the long time, consultation with the surgeon and a roentgen is superfluous.
7. When the bruise is accompanied by an abrasion, it is necessary to wash the injured area with peroxide or to treat with another antiseptic solution. In such cases, do not apply bandages, and give the wound to dry.
8. It happens that the blow is in the place of the mouth. If there is no serious damage, lips for a couple of days are treated with disinfectants or infusion of chamomile.
No one is immune from falls and bruises, the more curious and restless children. It is important for parents to know how to help a child in case of trauma. The main thing is that if you see a worsening of the condition or if you have doubts, fears about the well-being and health of your baby, it is certainly better to be safe and refer to specialists.